Sunday, August 30, 2026

Ontario (prompt: geese)



Sailboats racing on Lake Ontario, seen from The Pearl Harbourfront's window, 2013.


Canada geese honk:

egotistical eagle

must accept defeat


Canadians keep 

their elbows up and

won't rename their lakes


Daily Haiku Prompt: geese


"Ontario" is an Indigenous word and is more than 400 years old. It means "beautiful lake" or "sparkling water."




4 comments:

  1. Right on! I have a Lake Ontario pictorial coming up today. ☺ The egotistical eagle shall not win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike, Debbie! A friend sent me a funny YouTube of a song written on this subject, "Lake Ontario" by the Canadian Resistance Army. An eagle is defeated by a beaver, moose, bear, and Canada goose!

      Delete
    2. Yes, I saw that video. Love it! There's another one too, by the same people:
      Trade War Video

      Delete
    3. Thanks, Debbie. I'll send the link to my friends. Those bagpipe-playing beavers are awesome.

      Delete

Give a hoot.