Wednesday, October 21, 2020

 Reasons I Appreciate October



                                                       



Cut tulips are available again.















The colours are especially vivid this year.







October 21 (and October 23) 

On October 21, 1976, M got up the nerve to phone a strange woman, introduce himself, and ask her for a date. The strange woman accepted. They got together for a coffee date on Saturday October 23. 



October 23 was cold and snowy. I remember I wore my winter jacket and boots and a sweater and blue velvet pants. M wore a beige suit. I thought, "Snazzy dresser!" I didn't see that suit for another year and a half. I told him that anyone who wanted to get along with me had to be funny. (I didn't know he would consider that as a challenge.) He immediately told me six funny jokes. 

On the seventh date he thought I asked him to eliminate a tense, so he changed the simple past tense to the pluperfect tense in everything he said for a couple of hours. (Again I didn't know I was giving him a humour challenge.) I figured someone who could make me laugh so much was a keeper.

We've been laughing ever since.





4 comments:

  1. October is your and M's month. Very good reasons to be appreciative and remember, if not that time in September, than the month to follow... (Think this song form The Fantastics--
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEm67QbgEGY

    ReplyDelete
  2. tulips and M. Lovely. Happy first date anniversary!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vijaya! Yes, we have three anniversaries a year: the day he first called me, the day he proposed, and our wedding anniversary. :-)

      Delete

Give a hoot.