For the first time in many years, we had a quiet New Year's Eve at home.
Our friends didn't have their usual party. That's okay. Schlepping out in potentially dicey weather on slippery sidewalks isn't for us anymore. So we ordered pizza (a new tradition) and had my chocolate pots de creme (our old tradition).
2020 starts a new decade (although there are people who think it starts next year).
Here are some things I accomplished in the past decade.
- sold our house
- moved to a condo and decorated it
- sold a piano after much angst, and got a poem out of the experience
- gave away too many books before moving
- rebought a lot of those books
- turned a closet into a hidden bookcase
- helped Echo live his senior doggy years waggingly in a one-level home before he passed away in 2016
- attended two writing workshops and learned lots
- wrote and self-published a poetry book, which involved hiring a proofreader, choosing a logo, choosing a cover design, learning how to format, and starting a business
- moderated a writers' forum (Verla Kay/SCBWI)
- had nine wonderful healthy years with my husband
- went to Holland with him to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary
- spent one year supporting him through some health challenges
- had a humorous article published in The Toronto Star
- improved my fitness (bought a Fitbit which motivated me to exercise regularly, eat better and lose some weight)
Wishing you a Happy, Healthy New Year!