Yeah, I read up about this after I wrote the poem. It was JFK's idea to have the formal garden restored and to be as beautiful as that in France. Jackie's friend, "Bunny" Mellon, designed it and collaborated with a landscape architect and the White House head gardener.
Reminded of "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot." Also, of The Little Prince and his sensitive Rose. Love "Rose Rage" title 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
Very good. I'm sure Jackie's ghost does rage.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
Thanks, Janie.
DeleteI bet many ghosts are raging!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I read up about this after I wrote the poem. It was JFK's idea to have the formal garden restored and to be as beautiful as that in France. Jackie's friend, "Bunny" Mellon, designed it and collaborated with a landscape architect and the White House head gardener.
DeleteReminded of "They paved paradise and put up a parking lot." Also, of The Little Prince and his sensitive Rose. Love "Rose Rage" title 🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹
ReplyDeleteJoni Mitchell's lyrics are still so relevant today. I had forgotten about The Little Prince. You're right.
Delete