Tuesday, July 14, 2026

Plot Twists of Life

A  favourite one-liner I saw online:

When you don't like the way your life is going, look up at the sky and yell, "PLOT TWIST!"


Lately life has seemed like a roller coaster. But that's a terrible cliche. The editor in me wants to improve that overused phrasing.

Instead of a roller coaster, I've decided to see life as a San Francisco cable car. 

Sure, I'm still going over some steep hills and then back down them. 

But I'm hanging onto the handrail and enjoying the pretty scenery instead of just feeling nauseated.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUODdPpnxcA

Paul Simon, Slip Slidin' Away


7 comments:

  1. That's a good way to look at things! Enjoy the scenery, and hopefully, the ride will become smoother over time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right. Eventually I'll be in Golden Gate Park, where the terrain is flat and where I might spot an owl if I'm lucky.

      Delete
  2. A plot twist would be nice in my life right about now. Good advice: Might as well enjoy the ride.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janie, hope you get some good plot twists soon.

      Delete
  3. Love the "plot twist" resolution. I think it's why we create worlds on the page where we can conjure those

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right! And everything that happens, no matter how bad, is potential story material.

      Delete

Give a hoot.