Wednesday, August 28, 2024

Strangers and their germs

Strangers and their germs

Exchanging sneezes

Whether day or night

Dangerous breezes

We'll be sharing germs before the night is through.


Wafting through the air

Without a filter

Fills me full of dread

I feel off-kilter

Danger in the air, because you lack a mask.


Covid isn't gone

Though you pretend it

It's been with us all along

You'll just extend it

So please just accept the facts

Little did you know

Virus just a cough away

So please please please just go away, and


Spleenless as I am

I'm not just selfish

Breathing in your air's

Like rotting shellfish

Virus in the air

Will make me tear my hair


Safe is just a mask away

A simple little task away


Virus in the air 

Will make me tear my hair.


Do be do be do...








6 comments:

  1. I can hear Sinatra's voice as I read, punctuated by AH-CHOOs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I had to listen to the song to get the meter right. :-) And now you know how I spent my time today: in waiting rooms with signs that said "Please wear a mask."

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband had jury duty and has come home with the germs. I've started him on Ivermectin, Zn, VitC and VitD. I hope you are better soon too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope your husband has a speedy recovery, Vijaya. M was the patient, I was the note-taker in our scenario. He's fine, just needs some fine tuning to his meds.

      Delete
  4. This is hilarious, Barb, for something so grimly true. I'm happy to see a new poem from you. "Dangerous breezes" is right!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan! So good to see your name in the comments again.

      Delete

Give a hoot.