Follow by Email

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Happy Publication News!

I'm delighted to announce that

I will self-publish a print book of poems.
 
 


ANTIQUE PIANO & Other Sour Notes,

a collection of humorous poems,

will be available March 2014!
 
 
 
 
 
(I really wanted a curly, cursive typeface for that. Oh, well.)


I've been working behind the scenes for a few months on this and it is both exciting and terrifying, almost overwhelming. I needed to learn all kinds of new things and to research the process of self-publication. That is why I haven't been blogging much.

I've formatted the manuscript in a template, chosen typefaces and a layout, had a logo made, hired a proofreader and a cover designer.

It's coming together and it's starting to look like a book, not a manuscript.















21 comments:

  1. I look forward to your sour notes, Barbara. I'll have to cover DD's ears, for she is a real-deal pianist, but I just love the title.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your news! Sounds like a fun read. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Very exciting indeed!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool -- don't forget to remind us when it comes out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barb, that's so exciting! You're courageous to wade into unknown territory and I look forward to reading this book with the awesome title!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, sweet! That's very happy news! and I am a sucker for old pianos in need of tuning anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Melinda! This particular piano caused me no end of problems. I wrote a poem about it for revenge! ;-)

      Delete
  7. Oh, sweet! That's very happy news! and I am a sucker for old pianos in need of tuning anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. test message from BE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool! I'm thrilled to be on board!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yah! I can't wait to see you perform your magic on the cover!!!

      Delete
  10. Wonderful news! Sorry I missed this before -- I've been in my writing cave. But I'm wishing you all the luck in the world!

    ReplyDelete

Give a hoot.